Monday Morning | Joe The Art of Coffee, 120th Street and Broadway, New York, NY (4 February 2013)
The last white Christmas we had was many many years ago and I can’t help but feeling a bit sentimental when I woke up to a snowy day. It seems fitting to spread holiday spirit with an alternative Christmas playlist.
Wanna get sad, late-1990s-early-2000s-style? Join me.
1. Calling and Not Calling My Ex - Okkervil River - Will Sheff loses love.
Had just been fired and her first offer had arrived / And the new year would see her flying far away from me / Though I didn’t know it a the time
2. Xmas Cake - Rilo Kiley - Jenny Lewis trapped on a broken carousel.
There’s no more running water / Wrapping presents in the dark
3. Blue Christmas - Bright Eyes - Bright Eyes whines, this time on Christmas.
I’ll have a Blue Christmas without you.
4. Christmas Lights - Paul Baribeau - Paul Baribeau feels some malaise.
Even though I’m home now / I feel completely homeless
5. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Death Cab For Cutie (Submitted by sister, thx) - Ben Gibbard pines, this time on Christmas.
They’re singing ‘Deck the Halls’ / But it’s not like Christmas at all.
6. I Hate Christmas Parties - Relient K (Submitted by sister, thx) - Matt Teason breaks up with a lot of girls, and is sad.
There’s teardrops in my stocking.
The Library…where the cool kids hang out! Good luck Barack!!